Second Genome is a privately-held company based in South San Francisco, CA, that is leveraging expertise in microbiome science to improve human lives. Second Genome’s microbiome technology platform has broad applications in human and animal healthcare, nutrition, agriculture, the environment and industrial applications.
• Join the team of a leading company in one of the most exciting spaces in science – the Microbiome
• Our number one focus is providing a successful and energetic environment for our team!
• Great benefits package
• Tremendous independence for self-driven individual to help grow business across the eastern half of United States
• Opportunity to travel regularly to expand your networks, grow your knowledge base and meet with customers.
• 401k, benefits including health, dental, vision and more
• 4 weeks of paid time off
• Significant opportunities for professional growth and learning
About the role:
Second Genome Solutions seeks an experienced and highly driven industry professional to grow its microbiome research services business on the Eastern half of the U.S. This unique and exciting role as Account Manager will focus on driving business with key clients in the pharma sector as well as other industrial accounts (nutrition, personal care, etc.) and managing those client’s projects. Clients will include research and clinical groups in pharma and biotech companies developing human therapeutics.
Second Genome prides itself and providing an upbeat, energetic, and highly collaborative workplace. This role provides a competitive base salary and performance-based sales commission plan.
Any major city in United States or Canada
Duties and responsibilities:
• BS or MS degree in Life Sciences or Engineering
• Field based sales experience
• Experience in genomics/life science industry (Minimum of 5 years)
• Well-developed communication skills with proven ability to present complex, technical material
• Ability to translate scientific knowledge to drive consultative sales process
• Ability to influence customers and key opinion leaders at all levels
• Proven success in navigating and managing a multi-stakeholder sales process of high priced life science service or technology
• Technical knowledge in Microbiome, next-generation sequencing (NGS) and genomic laboratory assays
• Current experience in selling laboratory research services to east coast industrial accounts
• Proficiency with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
How to apply:
If you’re ready for a life changing opportunity, with a fast-growing company that values the well-being of their people, then click ‘Apply Now’! Include your up-to-date resume and covering letter addressing the above requirements.